Marketing Coordinator-RecTennis and USTA Products
Marketing Department | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator for RecTennis® and USTA Products
Reports to: Manager of Marketing Ops & Communications
Location: USTA PNW Section Office: Beaverton, Oregon
Status: Full-Time Salary, Exempt
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, entrepreneurial, non-profit organization? Are you motivated to give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families? USTA PNW is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help drive our mission, specifically as it relates to our RecTennis® brand and USTA Products. This position reports to the Manager of Marketing Operations & Communications
Established in 1904, the United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest (USTA PNW) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization working to promote and develop the growth of tennis by providing access for all. As one of the 17 sections of the USTA, the national governing body of the sport of tennis, USTA PNW serves over 25,000 individual adult and junior members, 200+ tennis facilities, and provides low-cost RecTennis afterschool and summer programs to 40,000 participants. USTA PNW has cultivated over 300 community partnerships including schools, public parks, recreation and shared spaces across four states.
To expand accessible play opportunities and to continue to ensure cost is not a barrier to entry, USTA PNW also manages and operates indoor tennis facilities. Vancouver Tennis Center, a 9 indoor and 4 outdoor court facility, and Galbraith Tennis Center, a six indoor court facility, provide an industry-best experience and give back to the surrounding community all at an affordable cost. Learn more at www.ustapnw.org.
The Marketing Coordinator for RecTennis & USTA Products will work closely with our RecTennis operations staff as well as our USTA PNW Adult and Junior product teams to deliver marketing and outreach programs that drive awareness and growth while underscoring the USTA PNW Mission and Blueprint. This position will serve as a key member of the USTA PNW’s lean marketing team, helping to grow the game of tennis by coordinating integrated marketing campaigns that deliver against defined strategic goals and initiatives.
Perform duties including, but not limited to:
- Focus on educating the consumer on the benefits and value of RecTennis, Adult Tennis and Junior Tennis opportunities as well as to drive general awareness and traffic for the RecTennis and USTA Adult & Junior product offerings.
- Position RecTennis and USTA PNW Adult and Junior products to expand the mission-driven impact while holding to business models to ensure sustainability and efficiency.
- Coordinate execution of USTA PNW’s annual Strategic Marketing Plan at the tactical implementation level to meet the goals and objectives of multiple programs delivered through different channels and partners in different regions, including print, digital, DM, social, website, PR, promotions, outreach, sponsorships and events.
- Coordinate the development and execution of all marketing communications initiatives – including partner and program launch support, print and digital campaigns, interfacing with social media, PR and website content.
- Streamline the experience of RecTennis consumers from attraction/awareness, to point-of-sale, to conversion.
- Focus on ROI, metrics, increased participation registration and overall brand awareness for RecTennis and USTA Products.
- Fulfill print media, advertisements, cross-promotional events,
- Maintain email lists, media lists, online calendar listings and partnerships
- Coordinate and execute social media profiles, content and content calendar in collaboration with local RecTennis and USTA product staff. Including responding to comments/messages from social media sites.
- Assist with development, design and editing of all communications, including flyers, banners, emails, digital assets, general collateral, event materials and various communication tactics as needed.
- Fulfill website updates for rectennis.com and usta.com/pnw, including:
- New program content
- New Registration Uploads
- Seasonal content
- Staffing and job postings
- Working with website developer to troubleshoot issues or request updates
- Photo galleries and general imagery
- Writing and managing content including blog posts, facility news and updates
- Develop and adhere to schedules to deliver successfully against goals and objectives.
- Actively understand and leverage USTA National programs, PNW Tennis Center programs and USTA PNW section promotions and resources where appropriate.
- Assist with planning, securing and execution of multiple events to increase localized awareness of RecTennis and USTA Products.
- Collaborate with partners, contractors and USTA PNW leaders, local and regional staff as needed.
- Work in tandem with the PNW Tennis Centers and Fundraising Marketing Coordinator.
- General administrative support as needed.
Works primarily and directly with Manager of Marketing Operations & Communications, as well as other Marketing Team Members. Interfaces regularly with RecTennis operations staff, USTA Adult & Junior Products staff and other USTA PNW Section staff.
Maintains high quality customer service with vendors, customers, and the public – especially as it relates to social media.
Travel within the Section coverage map may be required to promote USTA PNW Tennis Centers and general USTA PNW Products and Services. Site visits to facilities in Vancouver and Tacoma Washington will be necessary on a monthly basis. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
When reviewing this position during the year, the following will serve as performance indicators:
- Pre and Post Season/Program Reviews performed by Supervisor. (if applicable)
- Achievement of specific objectives for areas of responsibility.
- Evidence of high quality customer service.
- Evidence of performance of major duties.
- Evidence of performance as a productive team member.
- Evidence of effective internal and external relationships.
- Evidence of delivering the USTA PNW mission.
- Project Implementation/Management: execute and prioritize multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines supporting multiple brands and partners across multiple channels.
- Creative Execution: direct internal and external creative resources on the execution of branded marketing materials, which includes influencing the development of copy and content to be consistent with Brand guidelines.
- Social Media: Experience with proven results of managing and growing social media channels, including producing and managing content and response management.
- Budget Tracking: administer and track the marketing communications budget.
- Team Player: work closely with USTA PNW teams to develop and execute integrated marketing programs designed to support initiatives.
- Experience in developing and executing against a full marketing mix.
- Experience creating and managing Email marketing campaigns.
- Assist in creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing paid search campaigns. Actively test and analyze keywords, copy and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with a non-profit, managing multiple brands and partners a plus.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams with a high level of commitment and persuasive influence. This is a position serving matrixes of people and partners.
- Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills. We need someone who is self-directed and able to multi-task.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, partners and senior management.
- Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on problem solving.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment that is growth oriented, fast-paced and serves multiple brands and channels of distribution.
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with Mailchimp, WordPress and Adobe Experience Manager is preferred.
- 2 years of demonstrated history in a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing (or applicable degree) required.
- Tennis and non-profit background preferred.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Must have the ability to continually pass a background check.
- Must complete the USTA Safe Sport online education course. Link provided with offer of employment. Online course takes approximately 60 minutes.
- Must annually sign USTA PNW Offer Letter and Employee Handbook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS + WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job operates out of an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This position will sometimes, but not often, need to work evenings and/or weekends based on event calendar and needs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with reasonable accommodations given.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; move around; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- The ability to carry out repetitive motions regularly.
- The ability to stand/sit for extended lengths of shift at office (typically 6-8 hours).
- ▪ The USTA PNW will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all amendments thereto, as well as any similar state laws and regulations. The USTA/PNW will not discriminate on the basis of disability and will not regard any employee as having a disability.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation commensurate with experience. Bonus eligibility is determined annually.
- Salary and paid time off outlined in annually signed Offer Letter.
- 401k, benefits, and flex plan eligibility provided when employee continuously maintains employee status type and full-time requirements as outlined in the annually signed Employee Handbook.
- Free Annual Membership at USTA PNW Tennis Centers (Vancouver Tennis Center and Galbraith Tennis Center); free drop-in classes for employee and immediately household family at tennis centers and RecTennis programs.