UI Design Director
User Experience | Seattle, WA | Full Time
UI Design Director
Tactile is a high-touch design consultancy where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. We design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. We are made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy. For over 15 years, we’ve partnered with influential and emerging brands to craft industrial, medical and consumer products with lasting relevance. When it comes to design, we believe that practical and enjoyable are not mutually exclusive. Details should be purposeful and nuanced, never gratuitous.
We are looking for an experienced UI Design Director who finds balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. You will have the opportunity to manage teams and get hands-on with projects from idea to conception with design at its core. You will focus on leading and creating elegant digital experiences as well as collaborating with industrial designers to make holistic user experiences that merge physical, digital, and the services that enable them. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
- Lead and manage an experienced UI design team to build a positive and productive culture of cutting-edge design, facilitate collaboration, help them set direction and empower them with evolving methodologies within the consultancy
- Work with clients to understand their user and business goals, and then identify an achievable path to project success.
- Illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- Have a strong grasp of design methodologies and display mastery at all stages of the design process, whether it’s making wireframes or building a prototype for testing.
- Remain hands-on with your team when appropriate
- 10+ years of experience designing interfaces and experiences
- Experience managing teams and have ringing endorsements from colleagues and peers
- Comfort at all levels of an organization from working with operational staff to presenting to executives
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics and software
- A desire to be a hands-on and involved designer alongside your team
- An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.