SENIOR UX DESIGNER
User Experience | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Senior UX Designer
Tactile is a high-touch design studio where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. We design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. We are made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy. For over 15 years, we’ve partnered with influential and emerging brands to craft industrial, medical and consumer products with lasting relevance. When it comes to design, we believe that practical and enjoyable are not mutually exclusive. Details should be purposeful and nuanced, never gratuitous.
A User Experience Designer at Tactile finds balance in usability, delight and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. You will have the opportunity to manage teams and get hands-on with projects from idea to conception with design at its core. You will focus on leading and creating elegant digital experiences as well as collaborating with industrial designers to make holistic user experiences that merge physical, digital, and the services that enable them. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allows our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
- Work with clients to understand their user and business goals, and then identify an achievable path to project success.
- Lead projects: facilitate collaboration, help set direction and empower them with evolving methodologies.
- Lead the team workflow and contribute to day to day design tasks.
- Research, define, and visualize user flows and needs.
- Illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- Build prototypes for your design ideas to demonstrate behavior at all stages of projects.
- Develop visual design languages and systems from concept to production.
- Develop motion languages and systems form macro to micro-interactions.
- Have a strong grasp of design methodologies and display mastery at all stages of the design process, whether it’s making wireframes or building a prototype for testing.
- 6+ years experience working in software, product design or related field
- BA in Interaction Design, User Experience Design or related training
- Experience managing teams and have ringing endorsements from colleagues and peers
- A portfolio that demonstrates creative strategic thinking, intelligent solutions, and your process along the way
- An attention to detail from beginning to end
- Comfort at all levels of an organization from working with operational staff to presenting to executives
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics and software
Tactile is an intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously. You can learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.