Business Development Intern
Multiple | Brooklyn, NY | Internship
Reboot solves civic problems by working with change agents within governments, civil society, and philanthropies to achieve their social missions. With offices in New York and Abuja, Reboot works at the intersections of open government, media development and international development to build healthier information ecosystems and accountable government.
About Internships at Reboot
Reboot’s interns are more than “just interns.” Our interns provide vital support to our operations and programmatic work, and are deeply embedded within our broader team. Internships also include an in-depth learning component, comprised of regular information sessions with team members outside the intern’s direct line of supervision. These sessions provide insight into topics such as Reboot’s research and design methodology, and the operations of a small social impact firm.
We are seeking a Spring Intern to support our Business Development (BizDev) team. This is a unique opportunity to learn about and contribute to the growth and business maturity of a dynamic social impact organization.
The Intern will primarily support the implementation of a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM). This includes integrating all current and historical business development documentation to a new CRM platform, called Capsule, and establishing metrics to inform business development priorities and broader decisionmaking.
In addition, the Intern will take part in business development initiatives, including: participating in weekly business development meetings, and supporting Reboot team members speaking at and attending relevant local and global events and conferences.
While everyone at our tightly-knit firm must feel comfortable wearing multiple hats, jumping in at short notice wherever help is needed, and taking on administrative and highly-detail oriented tasks, this is especially true of this position. Our ideal candidate is also process- and systems-oriented, and is eager to apply your problem solving skills to complex and multifaceted business development challenges.
This is a paid internship based at our offices in Brooklyn, New York, starting on or around January 15, 2019, and running through April 30, 2019. The commitment is 3 to 5 days per week, depending on availability.
- Complete a CRM integration by uploading information about existing relationships, partners, and recent proposals and events, ensuring that all relevant business information intel is accurately captured.
- Develop a relevant Process Guide, capturing instructions, best practices and workflows for all activities related to the CRM, and capture open questions for the Unit to discuss.
- Establish CRM reporting analytics to inform strategy decisions.
- Help our BizDev team operationalize a new CRM, integrating this system into weekly meetings and on-going activities.
- Participate in and document meetings, including weekly bizdev, editorial, and calls with potential partners and clients.
- Identify new opportunities for Reboot to speak at and attend events, and conduct initial readouts of those opportunities.
- Help us iterate on assessment tools and processes to shape Reboot's event strategy in effective and creative ways.
- Support the internal communications strategy around Reboot's impact through global and local event participation, as well as editorial content.
- Support knowledge management efforts across the Business Development & Communications unit, and broader team.
Above all, we’re looking for a whip-smart, enthusiastic team-player with an eagerness to get a CRM off the ground and a commitment to social impact. Also helpful: a sense of humor, comfort with ambiguity, appreciation of complexity, and enjoyment of cute office pups.
Beyond that, our ideal candidate has:
- A Master’s degree (either completed or in progress), or commensurate years of experience in a relevant field.
- Education and/or experience in business development or marketing. Experience using a CRM is highly preferred.
- Interest in international development, public policy, or governance is an asset. Brownie points for knowledge of open government, media development, social innovation, and public service delivery.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and client services orientation.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and interest in intercultural collaboration.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, multitask, and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
Reboot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reboot respects and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training, or development of employees on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, race, national origin, religious belief, political opinion, age, or disability. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits our firm and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Reboot and this role.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; priority will be given to those submitted by November 20, 2018.