Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support | Midwest | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. Our vision is to become and stay the leading SaaS pricing and CPQ solution provider. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. We are very flexible so our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Avery Dennison, Dean Foods, Iron Mountain and many others. As our company is attracting more and more customers globally, we will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Now is a great time to join and grow with us. You can find out more about us here:
Do you like multiple challenges? Can you write a piece of code? Do you like testing? Can you query a database? Do you know how to command a remote server?
If you answered at least once: “Yes", then you will be happy to learn the rest as a member of Price f(x) Support Team.
We’re Tier 3/4 level Support team, thus you will really touch the Price f(x) pricing platform technically, no bureaucratic BS. You will be responsible for providing technical support, mainly via the web ticketing system channel to ensure our customers achieve their desired pricing outcomes. You will work closely with the whole Engineering team, as well as with each Customer Solutions team, Operations team, and other stakeholders. You will be a part of a large cooperative team, but you will organize your work your way based on priorities and your work will be self-managed.
You will be in charge of...
- Use problem-solving skills to analyze and solve requests coming from our customers
- Managing incidents based on defined ITIL priorities
- Performing root cause analysis
- Understanding Price f(x) pricing platform from the customer and technical side as well
- Analyzing logs, code debugging, understanding database queries, monitoring server performance
- Active communication with other teams when it comes to investigating or fixing server bugs, addressing configuration change requests and reporting core bugs
- Being on evening and weekend duties, be available within one hour to address new critical tickets or system down situations based on received monitoring alerts
- Proactively sharing knowledge and how-tos with customers and our teams internally when possible
What should you have to succeed?
- Proven basic programming skills (preferably in Groovy, Java)
- Basic UNIX knowledge (shell scripts, CRON, grep, cat …), MySQL/Postgres skills, understanding logs
- Knowledge and interest in coding, SQL, web technologies (HTML, JSON, REST API), GIT
- Experience with ticketing systems or development methodologies - working with priorities, SLA, statuses, workflows, JIRA
- Excellent communication and writing skills - reaching out to customers/internal teams, expanding documentation/how to articles, reporting bugs into JIRA
- Chicago, IL
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Price f(x). We will give you the option of your own devices by proving a monthly $200-IT allowance (laptop, and mobile). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
Before you apply, please visit the link below, read GDPR information and give us your consent with data processing.