Technical Support Engineer (Taiwan)
Customer Success | Taipei, Taiwan | Full Time
OPSWAT is now searching for (Senior) Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. The (Senior) Technical Support Engineer manages customer issues to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily. He or she also works to mentor and lead others on the support team, to improve customer support processes, to maintain strong customer satisfaction, and to influence the product roadmap. As a member of a growing and dynamic company, he or she also gets involved in other activities such as technical assistance to the Sales team, helping customers integrate OSPWAT products, helping to test and assess new products and product releases, and other special projects. We are looking for an energetic and motivated person who likes interacting with customers, tinkering with software, learning about new technologies, and “doing what it takes” to contribute to OPSWAT’s quick growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Resolving customer issues (which are often technical issues) rapidly and comprehensively, making sure to meet published SLAs;
- Working closely with technically oriented customers (typical customers are engineers and IT personnel);
- Maintaining strong customer relationships through:
- Regularly scheduled conference calls to review open issues
- Occasional in-person meetings
- Timely and reassuring updates to tickets on open issues
- Improving issue management processes within the company;
- Coordinating activity between Support, R&D, Product Management, and other departments;
- Mentoring and assisting the support team, both locally and in remote offices;
- Gaining expertise (both functional and limited technical) in the OPSWAT products;
- Managing and contributing to light technical one-off projects.
- Going onsite and delivering professional services (training, system implementation) per request.
- Getting engaged in other special project activities like OPSWAT Academy, Pen. Test per request
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows server;
- A good foundation of basic networking concepts;
- Basic knowledge of Linux, with an interest to expand that knowledge;
- Strong spoken and written English language skills;
- Strong spoken and written Mandarin language skills (Traditional Chinese);
- Presentation skills (be able to describe things and convey ideas to others in an easy way);
- A proven customer-oriented attitude, including the ability to work with difficult and/or frustrated customers;
- A passion for solving problems and making customers happy;
- Ability to think logically, analyze logs and troubleshoot computer software and IT related issues;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in providing customer support of technical software products is a plus;
- Testing experience is a plus;
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Familiarity with computer programming.
- Technical familiarity with Mac OS.
- Cybersecurity domain experience, including file security, device security, network security and etc.
- Cantonese Language Proficiency is a plus.