Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
The Senior Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for U.S and international disbursements including check/wire runs. The Senior Accounts Payable Accountant is also responsible for the system administration of Expensify.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prepare and process U.S. and international vendor invoices and disbursements (checks/wires)
- Payment processing including checks, wires, ACH, and intercompany.
- Process inter-company invoices and credit memos timely and accurately
- Prepare month-end AP accruals
- The monitor checks accuracy; applies or verifies coding; posts; and schedules payment in keeping within standard operating procedures.
- Cash balances and calculate cash requirements for weekly cash disbursements
- Ensure material month-end close invoices submitted by vendors are properly accrued during the month-end.
- Prepare monthly AP aging, provides explanations for >60 days items or any unapplied credits, work with the international accounting manager to resolve all outstanding items.
- Provide assistance with the monthly accounts payable financial reporting and analysis
- Request and ensure vendor monthly statements aligns with company’s records
- Prepare, audit and finalize annual 1099 for IRS reporting
- Prepare support for financial statement audit requests and provide support to International Accounting Manager for review
- Spot errors suggest process efficiency improvements and document improvements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Prepare and support other various finance and ad hoc projects as necessary
What We Need from You:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Intermediate MS Excel skills including lookups functions and pivot tables
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Proven self-starter who sets aggressive goals and meets them
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and successfully execute tactics
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry or other life science businesses highly preferred
- Clear communications skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Ability to identify organizational opportunities and recommend new processes and internal controls
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Public company experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Meaningful work with passionate colleagues;
- The international working environment in global leading cybersecurity product company;
- Attractive compensation, regular assessments, and salary reviews;
- 13-month bonus & performance bonus;
- 100% salary, full insurances on probationary period;
- Extra-health care program (PVI) for employee and family members;
- 15 to 20+ paid day off per year;
- Attractive benefits for team activities (team building, team outing, sport, trade union activities);
- Nice open office on the top of a building in District 3 with full of accessories for active recreation, sport, fruits, coffee, and tea.
- Chances of work assignments/ business trips to OPSWAT global offices in US and Europe