Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
If you are interested in working on a dark, fantasy world game and care to deliver impactful brutal combat FX, let’s talk!
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
We’re looking for a motivated and passionate artist who has an expert understanding of the technical aspects of art creation and pipelines for AAA video games. Our ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of game development, enforces best practices amongst the art team, can communicate complex problems clearly between departments and has a strong vision for pushing tools and tech in creative but applicable ways.
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams.
- Support development to ensure quality and consistency.
- Assist in building and maintaining a development pipeling.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Be a jack of all trades when necessary to generate the largest impact.
- Build a learning environment and that empowers the team to solve problems.
- Ensure art team is focused on making art optimized for performance as well as quality.
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with 3D Rendering, such as shaders, visual effects, or linear algebra.
- Solid proficiency with 3D Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Modo, XSI, ZBrush, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles.
- Ability to contribute to the creation and management of pipelines from various disciplines within the art team.
- Ability to create smart and efficient tools for artists.
- Strong understanding of performance and optimization.
- Shipped title as a Technical Artist.
- 4+ years of experience in Tech Art
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Shader Authoring Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Experience making tools in Unreal
- Cover Letter optional
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.