Product | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We are currently hiring a VP Product to join our headquarters in New York City to lead our Product and Design team. As a Product visionary, you will learn all facets of our current product strategy, then contribute your ideas to create the next evolution of our platform. You’ll inspire the company toward this product vision, and ensure execution in the most efficient and collaborative manner. The VP Product will partner directly with and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Empower our teams to build innovative products that solve real problems for stakeholders in the agricultural ecosystem.
- Define, prioritize, and communicate both short and long term Product goals and vision.
- Work directly with our CEO, CTO, leadership team, and other key team members to create an efficient and effective Product Roadmap.
- Ensure every product has a clear goal, measurable KPI’s and a path to continual improvement.
- Work across all functions internally to ensure collaboration and partnership in product development.
- Recruit and grow world-class product managers, designers, and UX researchers.
- Ensure that everyone across the organization understands our product strategy and story through articulate communication.
- 10+ years in Product Management leadership
- 8+ years of experience in product management roles, ideally for companies building data enterprise software (e.g. financial services, online advertising, business intelligence, etc)
- Prior experience in all aspects of product management across a matrix organization, managing the every aspect of the process from inception through public launch
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders
- Analytical chops and know-how in building data-driven decision and measurement systems
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- Successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- Deep intuition and passion for product
- Technical background preferred
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.