Product | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for a visual designer to join us to create data marketing collateral and data visualizations that communicate the latest agricultural trends to our clients.
What You’ll do
- Create data visualizations, including maps, charts, infographics
- Produce graphics for webinars and for the Gro website
- Design GIFs or animated graphics using video editing tools
- Help create professional presentations for client meetings and conferences
- Create and modify Newsletter templates on HubSpot
What You have
- A degree in Visual Design or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience with design collaboration and prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience with Presentation software (Google Slides, Powerpoint) and spreadsheet software (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Data visualization or mapping software (Mapbox, Tilemill, QGIS, etc)
Who You Are
- Results-driven –you have the ability to deliver results on short notice and work under tight deadlines
- Great communicator –you have the ability to respond to both technical and business needs of internal and external clients
- Detail-oriented –you have the ability to consistently check your work against a set of requirements
Please submit your portfolio along with the application