Special Assistant to the CEO
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for Special Assistant to the CEO to handle a wide array of responsibilities ranging from day-to-day logistics to shepherding sales opportunities.
- Coordinate the schedule of CEO, prioritizing functions and appointments, ensuring that meetings, deadlines presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly and on schedule.
- Make travel arrangements, coordinate flights, accommodations and other itinerary specifics.
- Serve as the liaison between the CEO and staff as well as outside contacts such as vendors, press, legal, etc.
- Assist with event planning
- Excellent writing skills required to draft correspondence, presentations and even press materials and announcements as directed by CEO
- Gatekeeping is a significant responsibility of the executive assistant - you must position yourself between the public, clients and customers, staff members and CEO
- Schedule meetings, attend and record the minutes accurately
- Conserve executives' time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence
- Draft emails, letters and documents on behalf of CEO
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- 2+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experienced at complex calendar management, over multiple time zones
- Experienced at complex flight arrangements
- Able to be on call over the weekend
- Ability to take the initiative and get things done
- Very smart, very quick and very thoughtful
- Ability to adapt to many scenarios and prioritize accordingly
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.