Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Join the A.I. company tackling some of the most consequential problems facing the world today. Gro Intelligence is a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company dedicated to understanding the interconnected global markets for all agricultural products. From the food we eat to the clothing we wear and the gasoline in millions of cars across the globe, agriculture touches our daily existence like few other industries. And it’s being completely upended by climate change, trade wars, finite global resources, fickle public policies, a growing population and ever-changing human tastes (e.g. organic produce, plant-based proteins, etc). Come help us understand the complex interplay of these various forces and their ripple effect on global markets.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is a diverse team of more than 70 technologists, scientists, and business professionals. Our team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for highly motivated, intellectually curious individuals with a shared commitment to building software that impacts the world on the most basic level.
Gro has been featured prominently alongside the company’s founder and CEO in several recent outlets including Recode Decode with Kara Swisher, Fast Company’s Most Creative People, Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in Business, and Vanity Fair’s Inside the Hive with Nick Bilton.
We’re looking for engineers across all capabilities and at all levels of seniority to join our growing team. Whether you consider yourself a Full Stack, Front-End, NLP, API, Data or Infrastructure Engineer –we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop high quality, high performance software
- Explore new methods, algorithms, and technologies to improve product performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver on the product vision
Experience You May Have:
- Data API design and service implementation
- Designing/developing RESTful APIs
- Data storage both relational and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Python, Go, C++, Java
- Strong experience with one or more cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Machine learning, data science
- Geospatial technology
- Building and implementing NLP systems (python is a plus)
- Human computer interaction
- Bachelor's level degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field; or relevant work experience
- Very strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- System design experience
- Experience with large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
Who You Are:
- Know what it takes to ship high quality code
- Excellent communicator
- A great team player –you have a point of view, and know how to humbly raise it
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.