Senior Software Engineer - API
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer - API to join our office in New York City.
- Leading the development of high quality, high performance software
- Data API design and service implementation
- Data storage architecture and optimization
- Implement sophisticated but easy data visualizations and interactions
- Technical leadership experience
- Very strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- System design experience
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Experience with large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
- Bachelor's level degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field; or relevant work experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Graduate degree / Research experience
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.