Research and analysis | Nairobi, Kenya | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Research Analyst to join the Gro Intelligence office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Writing analytical insights on topics related to food and agriculture
- Leading special projects and initiatives
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data about market fundamentals to forecast trends in agricultural commodities
- Working closely with product and engineering teams in the design and implementation of new features as well as solving technical obstacles related to data sources
- Keeping abreast of industry-related news
- Collaborating with the business development team on client specific projects
- Responding to user questions and requests
- 3+ years of relevant fundamental research experience in agricultural commodities space
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to perform and synthesize quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Broad knowledge of agricultural data sources and uses
- Comfort with working with large volumes of data
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles and strong communication and leadership skills
- Team management experience
- Degree in a technical field
- Proficiency in a second language
- Coding/programming/data management skills and proficiencies
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.