Lead UX/Interaction Designer
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is building the world's largest agricultural data platform, allowing anyone to discover, analyze and predict everything that's happening in global agricultural markets. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven data and analytics company creating a more connected and productive global agricultural industry. Our diverse team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals share a passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on a most basic level.
Gro allows users to make better decisions by quickly understanding and predicting factors that affect the availability and prices of agricultural products. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, and transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, we are rapidly building out our team of highly motivated, intellectually curious people. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead UX/Interaction Designer with extraordinary systems thinking and an impeccable design eye. You thrive on creating simplicity out out of complexity, understand our customers needs, and are able to and work collaboratively across all stakeholders to create a systematic and cohesive user experience.
- Work with our Product Management team to gather customer and end-user requirements in order to create overall UX concept and strategy.
- Conduct all aspects of the product design and development lifecycle including taking research findings and creating conceptual designs, prototyping, visual design, usability testing, and post-launch evaluation.
- Transform research outcomes into conceptual designs that will drive prototypes, validating all design decisions.
- Work with product manager and engineers, delivering mocks and specifications.
- Work directly with business development team to ensure product is optimized for existing users and being built for future users.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the product and engineering groups to ensure work output accurately reflects the UX vision.
- Provide design direction with consistency and focus, both internally and externally.
- Work with other designers to envision and iterate concepts.
- Lead design team in developing a set of visual standards and documentation for our products
- 8+ years experience in web/UI/UX design
- BA or BS in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are required)
- Experience with design collaboration and prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing complex UIs
- Experience in data visualization design
- Understanding of usability and user interaction principles
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience working in SaaS and in the startup space
- Experience with data visualization or mapping software (Mapbox, Tilemill, QGIS, CartoDB, d3js, etc)
- Specific coursework or continuing professional education in data visualization or user experience