Design Technology | Sydney | Full Time | Opened 23 days ago | From $105,000.00 to $120,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a BIM coordinator to join our Sydney office. This role will support project teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows on project work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining all project BIM models and associated project BIM documents and data, to ensure the prescribed performance and quality levels satisfy specific project BIM requirements and Grimshaw BIM Standards.
- Initial project set-up, ensuring BIM models remain free from errors and are achieving the required Levels of Development while managing outputs and performing BIM coordination exercises.
- Provide technical support directly to project teams and reports directly to the Office BIM Manager, providing feedback on project teams requirements for training, workflows or content.
- Assist Office BIM Manager in ensuring that assigned project work complies with the global Grimshaw BIM standards and any project-specific or national standards.
- Provide ongoing training to project teams, in conjunction with the Office BIM Manager.
- Identify and report to the Office BIM manager any opportunities for improvements to our workflows, tools and the capabilities of teams or where further support is required.
To be successful you will have:
- Able to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members at all levels can understand
- Advanced knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM authoring software.
- A methodical approach to problem-solving is required and the ability to rapidly pick up new software skills is essential.
- Solid understanding of legacy BIM / CAD applications and practices, particularly Autodesk AutoCAD / Bentley Microstation.
- Experience in model federation workflows using Navisworks.
- Experience working with Solibri and IFC formats highly regarded.
- Familiarity with design applications such as McNeel Rhinoceros and experience with interoperability with Revit is beneficial.
- Additional knowledge of Dynamo / Grasshopper is highly beneficial.
- Additional knowledge of C# or Python programming languages and Revit API programming is beneficial.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts and at least 2 - 5 years of architecture experience.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Architecture or construction technology is preferred
To apply send your cover letter and resume clearly outlining your suitability for the role. Please also include your design portfolio as part of your application.
Please note that due to a large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.