Product Strategist / Product Manager
Product | Cleveland, OH | Full Time
Recently recognized as a Top Workplace by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, FormFire's best-in-class software is used by health insurance carriers, brokers, and employers for benefits administration, enrollment, and compliance tracking.
But why would you want to work here? Because we offer a fun, challenging and engaging place to build your career. Our core values are centered around accountability, ensuring a rewarding place to work and creating value through brave innovation. We are taking on new technologies to support our growing company!
Oh, and we have quarterly happy hours, a free in-house gym, movie theatre popcorn, etc. Check out our culture at https://www.formfire.com/careers.
We are looking for a strategic and creative problem solver with a passion for innovation to join our team and help revolutionize the health insurance industry. In this influential role, you will drive the development of the long-term strategy for priority areas across the company.
Your work will start with deeply understanding customer needs and prioritizing those needs while developing product roadmaps to deliver on meeting customer expectations. In this role you will own a software product line, from building the business case, and understanding customer requirements through release and eventual retirement, including ensuring the financial success of the product. You will be responsible for the lifecycle of the product from the initiation of the idea, getting that into the pipeline and then seeing it through.
- Set the agenda for the 3 to 5 year strategic vision and develop digital solutions for the health insurance marketplace.
- Be a thought leader who can define and articulate the key external trends in healthcare and SaaS offerings.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to create and deliver meaningful strategies for 3 years out and beyond.
- Synthesize and communicate complex information from disparate sources into a clear, compelling story that helps key internal decision makers commit to action.
- Interact with customers to determine needs from our product, gathering requirements on what they are seeking, and bringing it back to FormFire to make it happen
- Develop a deep understanding of our digital customer experience, while identifying and filling existing product gaps
- Prioritize customer needs and develop product roadmaps to deliver on meeting customer expectations
- Own the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through a series of releases and customer success
- Identify market opportunities and product/market fit through customer research and industry insights
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on pricing, field enablement, and go-to-market campaigns necessary for launch
- Work with heads of other departments to budget resources for new product development and introduction
- Act as a key spokesperson for product strategy and direction
You may be a great fit if you possess these attributes:
- At least 5 years previous experience in a product management, project management, or product owner role, preferably in a SaaS business
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading the end-to-end product lifecycle for consumer or enterprise offerings
- Experience with Agile software development and methodologies.
- Proven expertise collaborating with and motivating cross-functional teams to successfully launch projects
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills. You need the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language
- Ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to coach others and be coached
- Candidates must be resilient, ambitious, adaptable, able to deal with ambiguity, intellectually curious, and have a sense of humor
And here are some “we would really love it if you have these things” skills:
- Industry experience related to insurance, payroll, HR, employee benefits, or healthcare
Health, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and group life insurance, 401k with match, generous PTO, company paid fitness incentive, and a zombie-free work environment.
Candidates must successfully pass a background check and drug test prior to employment.
FormFire is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.formfire.com to apply and learn more about our company and products.