Product Strategist / Product Manager
Product | Cleveland, OH | Full Time
Recently recognized as a Top Workplace by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, FormFire's best-in-class software is used by health insurance carriers, brokers, and employers for benefits administration, enrollment, and compliance tracking.
But why would you want to work here? Because we offer a fun, challenging and engaging place to build your career. Our core values are centered around accountability, ensuring a rewarding place to work and creating value through brave innovation.
Oh, and we have quarterly happy hours, a free in-house gym, movie theatre popcorn, etc. Check out our culture at https://www.formfire.com/careers.
In this influential role, you will have a deep understanding of business and industry trends along with customer needs. You will provide recommendations on our software product line, from building the business case, and understanding customer requirements through release and eventual retirement, while driving toward positive ROI. This role will be pivotal in pushing the lifecycle of the product from the initiation of the idea, getting it into the pipeline and then seeing it through.
- Lead the development of business and functional requirements for projects and business strategies.
- Identify and communicate business trends, update scorecards and produce ad-hoc reports to enable informed decisions related to product performance and improvement.
- In consideration of the company’s 3 year strategic vision, work with key stakeholders to gather business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Interact with customers to determine needs from our product, gathering requirements on what they are seeking, and bringing it back to FormFire to make it happen.
- Translate business requirements into more detailed user stories and/or use cases, along with other functional requirements documents such as process flows, screen mock-ups, gap analyses, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of our digital customer experience, while identifying and filling existing product gaps.
- Identify market opportunities and product/market fit through customer research and industry insights.
- Act as a key spokesperson for product strategy and direction.
- Be a thought leader who can define and articulate the key external trends in healthcare and SaaS offerings.
You may be a great fit if you possess these attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Product Manager in a SaaS business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience leading the end-to-end product lifecycle for consumer or enterprise offerings
- Agile project experience translating customer needs into business requirements preferred
- Proven expertise collaborating with and motivating cross-functional teams to successfully launch projects
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills. You need the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language
- Ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to coach others and be coached
- Candidates must be resilient, ambitious, adaptable, able to deal with ambiguity, intellectually curious, and have a sense of humor
And here are some “we would really love it if you have these things” skills:
- Industry experience related to insurance, payroll, HR, employee benefits, or healthcare
Health, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and group life insurance, 401k with match, generous PTO, company paid fitness incentive, and a zombie-free work environment.
Candidates must successfully pass a background check and drug test prior to employment.
FormFire is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.formfire.com to apply and learn more about our company and products.