Wedding & Event Floral Designer
Design | Chicago, IL | Part Time
Flowers for Dreams is ushering in a craft flower movement. Locally crafted flowers for fair and honest prices across locations in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Detroit, as well as overnight shipping to most of the Great Lakes region. Every bouquet benefits an amazing local charity. Named one of Business Insider's Most Inspiring Companies in America.
We're looking for experienced part-time floral designers with expertise in flower production and wedding or event decor. This creative is an avid green thumb, passionate about design, with a knack for timelines and efficiency. You will help with our production team in all aspects of wedding/event studio design and installations.
- Floral design and production for Chicago area weddings and events.
- Processing, preparation, and organization of floral and materials.
- Assistance with general design, event, and onsite work as needed.
- 1+ years experience in wedding or event floral design.
- Extensive knowledge of flowers, design techniques, and local pricing.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays or peak periods.
- Self-motivated with a startup mentality and growth mindset.
- Shared aesthetic preferences & values with Flowers for Dreams brand.
- Do Good - "Life's Most Persistent and Urgent Question Is, 'What Are You Doing For Others?'" Martin Luther King Jr
- Take Risks - "Whoever Dares, Wins" Sayeret Matkal
- Challenge Yourself - "Every Artists Was First An Amateur" Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Make it Beautiful -"Design is a Behavior, Not a Department" David Milne
- Act Fast - "We Have a Strategic Plan, It's Called Doing Things" Herb Kelleher