Daily Design Lead
Design | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Flowers for Dreams is ushering in a craft flower movement. Locally crafted flowers for fair and honest prices across locations in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Detroit, as well as overnight shipping to most of the Great Lakes region. Every bouquet benefits an amazing local charity. Named one of Business Insider's Most Inspiring Companies in America.
We're looking for a highly skilled, organized floral designer who can lead and teach designs to our large Daily Design Staff. This designer will be working closely with the Daily Design Manager, in helping oversee the design and processing staff. The position is based in Chicago with onsite requirements 5 days/week and occasional peak season weekends.
- Setting example to the rest of the staff on your flower designs each day.
- Prepare materials, flowers and space for design production each morning.
- Lead on all design training, techniques, flower quality and Inventory flowers in cooler.
- Oversee design pace and every product before its moved into packaging.
- 2+ years experience in floral design
- Positive, high energy problem-solver willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays & peak periods.
- Shared values & aesthetic preferences with Flowers for Dreams brand.
- Medical, life, and dental insurance with employer contributions.
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with employer matching.
- Employer-provided student loan repayment assistance.
Cover letter required. In <2-3 paragraphs, please detail what draws you to the role, your related floral experience, and your excitement about the Flowers for Dreams brand.