VIDEO: writing fellow, beauty and style
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
INSIDER is hiring a paid editorial fellow to write videos about beauty and style.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and leave ready for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Fellows on our beauty and style team spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, pitching and writing scripts for videos on topics including innovative makeup products, unique beauty treatments, and how cult-favorite brands make the items in your closet. They have the opportunity to contribute to videos like Celebrities get this $325 gold facial before the red carpet and How Dr. Martens are made. Video-writing fellows work closely with video editors, but they do not need to have video-editing experience. We’re looking for ambitious reporters who can find and chase great stories and relay them to our audience in a compelling way.
All our video-writing fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are okay)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the beauty and style team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- An interest in covering topics pertaining to beauty and fashion, such as makeup, hair, skincare, small and large-scale designers, and viral clothing items
- Script-writing or video production experience
- Comfortability appearing and speaking on camera
- Ability to cover beauty and fashion with a diverse and global perspective
This is a paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in March or June.
INSIDER is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our video-writing fellow for beauty and style. Indicate whether you would be able to start in March or in June. Applications are due March 1.