Social media fellow
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Insider Inc. is hiring a paid social media fellow to distribute Business Insider and INSIDER content across various social networks and platforms.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Social media fellows manage posting schedules across social channels and help the distribution team reach its goals on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. They also help to organize and maintain our archives, analyze and track statistics, write around SEO, and work with the team to develop our social strategies. They work with content from all verticals on both websites and the video team. Our social media accounts are the face of our brands, and our social media fellows play an integral role by helping to run our growing network.
All our fellows should have:
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Light HTML and/or Photoshop experience
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the distribution team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Familiarity with the Business Insider and INSIDER brands and their content
- An understanding of and passion for social media
- Experience packaging stories for publication: writing headlines, picking images, etc.
- Work experience with one or more social media platforms
- Knowledge of social video
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in June
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our social media fellow.