Business Insider editorial fellow, strategy
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to write about success: what it means, what it takes, and what life is like once you’ve made it.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Fellows on our strategy team write about topics like management and productivity in the unique Business Insider style. They spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features — even breaking news if the timing is right. They have the opportunity to contribute to stories like a deep dive into a billionaire’s plans to remake a city or insight into why some of the most successful companies encourage employees to interview for other jobs.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are great)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Light HTML and/or Photoshop experience
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the strategy team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- A love for life hacks and self-improvement
- A fascination with billionaires, CEOs, execs, and entrepreneurs
- A bedside table (or Kindle) full of business books — or at least the interest in having one
- A drive to get better every day
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in March or June.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our strategy fellow. Please include links to relevant clips if you have them. Indicate whether you would be able to start in March or in June. Application is due March 1.