Front Desk Assistant (Part Time, 32hrs/wk)
Operations | Seattle, WA | Part Time and Contract
Front Desk Assistant
Part Time/Contract Position
32 hours per week/6 month contract to start
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour
At Artefact, Design is our mindset and methodology for building a more equitable and sustainable world. With full-service capabilities, our teams help transform our client’s toughest challenges into product and systems solutions that not only help them face the future – it redefines it for the better.
As we continue to grow, we’ve identified a need for more support with-in our People Experience team. This person would ensure day-to-day operations are on track and support our employees and clients while promoting overall workplace wellness and culture. As the Front Desk Assistant, you will work alongside a committed People Experience team to help with a variety of tasks such as; manage the reception area, arrange catering, assist with studio morale events, and general facilities tasks.
You are a professional who finds motivation in a fast-paced, high-standards, and fun office environment. You exercise your supreme multi-tasker skills to ensure things are organized and done on time. You know how to focus on the daily tasks, anticipate studio needs, and always keep the right people in the loop.
This is an opportunity to apply your friendly personality and reliable nature to a design led organization that works on some of the most forward-thinking design and engineering challenges in the innovation space today. If you are organized, self-motivated and take pride in offering a high level of customer service, then we’d love to hear from you.
Make an Impact
- Run reception: greet and direct visitors and vendors; answer incoming phone calls; be present and helpful
- Order office and kitchen supplies and stay within budget
- Keep kitchen/common area/conference rooms clean, tidy, and well-stocked
- Manage building maintenance issues, company parking, storage rooms, shipping/mail, building access, and emergency procedures
- Manage schedule for shared conference rooms
- Arrange catering & daily lunch orders/deliveries
- Assist in completing monthly expense reports
- Assist in events, such as employee morale events, client meetings, and workshops
- General support, errands, and assistance as needed
- Prior reception/office assistant/administrative work preferred
- Strong attention to detail, extremely organized, and able to manage and monitor many competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Great attitude and warm, friendly personality
- Available to work, on occasion, late or early for special events/needs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Customer-focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.