Contract Design Researcher
Research and Strategy | Seattle, WA | Contract
* This is a 2-3 month contract
We are seeking a Design Researcher to help us gather and translate insights into design opportunities. A passion for the human perspective combined with innovative and rigorous research methods is required. Our fast-paced environment demands flexibility, as the researcher is often asked to strike a balance between academic rigor and design intuitions in ambiguous situations, moving quickly across all stages of research to ultimately inform project direction and discover new opportunities for users and clients. This is a dynamic and highly collaborative role that requires an enduring curiosity to understand human behavior, creativity, and a drive for delivering elegant solutions to our clients.
- Plan, design, and conduct generative user and product research using techniques such as rapid ethnography, interviewing, participatory design, and concept value testing.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team members and clients throughout projects, including both research and design.
- Take deep research insights and turn them into design inspiration and product strategy.
- Evaluate the value of design concepts. Apply rapid, iterative evaluation techniques to optimize concepts for the best possible use experience.
- Work collaboratively with designers to develop innovative solutions to a wide variety of design opportunities.
- Compile and craft deep thought leadership reports and presentations that help establish a strong POV in particular domains.
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant industry as a user researcher, design researcher, scenario planner, or product planner.
- Compelling communication and storytelling skills.
- MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, or related discipline a big plus.
- Solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Proven track record working on complex projects that involve multiple methodologies and forms of research output.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.