Associate Design Director, Interaction/Product Design
Design | Seattle, WA | Full Time
NOTE: At Artefact, we are always interested in connecting with talented people. We may not have a specific role open today, but that might change tomorrow. If you are contemplating your next career move and are interested in Artefact OR if you are currently available and looking for freelance work, then you are in the right place. Below is a description of what we are usually looking for when we do start hiring for Associate Design Directors. Apply to let us know you exist and we will keep you in mind as we continue to grow.
At Artefact, Design is our mindset and methodology for building a more equitable and sustainable world. With full-service capabilities, our teams help transform our client’s toughest challenges into product and systems solutions that not only help them face the future – it redefines it for the better.
As an Associate Design Director of UX, you will help define and execute delightful, intuitive, user experiences for various products, services and systems. You should be experienced at confidently shepherding and educating clients on the values of design and be passionate about how emerging technology and trends can be used to elevate an experience.
This role wears many hats: collaborator, communicator, organizer, ambassador, lead designer. Although you are supported by senior leaders, you are often one of the main point persons for our clients and are responsible for hitting timelines and milestones. You strive to deliver world class thinking and execution in your work and inspire fellow team members by leading by example and by fostering the talents and contributions of the people you lead.
If you love dissecting the components and opportunities around product spaces and improving the interaction between them, in relation to business, people and society, then we’d love to connect.
Make an Impact:
- Lead and collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams to define conceptual directions, user interaction and workflow models
- Develop high-quality visual approaches, then refine these into complete, functional design systems
- Establish new design systems or work within existing ones
- Work with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
- Build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior
- 7+ years of hands-on digital product design experience
- A compelling online portfolio demonstrating strategic, conceptual and visual expertise
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.