Front End UI Engineer
Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
ACME Technologies is the revolutionary, configurable and all-in-one visitor commerce relationship platform for cultural institutions and attractions. Through ACME’s single cart, your visitors can transact on the web, by phone, or in person and immediately enjoy the perks of membership. A cloud-based platform, ACME's open APIs allow integration with CRMs to deliver a 360-degree view of the visitor and other best-of-breeds systems. ACME’s all-inclusive and joint-success approach removes barriers and delivers software, hardware, service, support, and upgrades with predictable pricing. ACME was founded and is led by Silicon Valley and cultural institutional veterans.
Our core API back end is used by multiple clients, from the web consumer buying flows to the web enterprise app and the iPad-based ticket POS application for in-venue sale. The engineering UI/UX challenges range from core payment platform to big data reporting and complex scheduling optimization algorithms all of which require sophisticated scalable front-end architectures. Mostly JS modern frameworks.
- Become an integral member of the growing UI/UX Engineering at ACME
- Contribute at a foundational level to our growing product portfolio and have lots of fun building at scale
- You will collaborate closely with design, backend, and customer service teams and customers to bring our vision to life.
- Excellent HTML, XHTML, CSS programming skills.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Understanding of MVC frameworks paradigms both on the server and inside browsers talking to servers through REST APIs.
- Experience designing large-scale consumer or enterprise products.
- 3+ years of Front End/UI experience
- BS in Computer Science or other related discipline/experience.
- Self-starter, driven and obsessed about building great products.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced or startup environment.
- Enthusiasm to help guide how the product is built and evolves.
- Some experience developing backend code in Grails, Java, or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience designing mobile apps.
- Familiarity with best practices for web usability.
- Experience with Angular, AngularJS2, or React is preferred
- We have a collaborative, common sense, no nonsense culture, with excellent employee and customer retention. Our customers are some of the biggest, best known name brands in the museum, and aquarium spaces, and include all the Presidential Libraries.
- We provide all the tools you need for success in a highly collaborative environment. For those in the bay area, we have a San Jose office in walking distance to Caltrain and local restaurants to enjoy lunches together, especially on Fridays. If this sounds like a tempting challenge where you can make your mark developing a globally useful, cutting-edge product, while working in a positive, friendly environment, we want to hear from you.