Back End Engineer
Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
ACME Technologies is the revolutionary, configurable and all-in-one visitor commerce relationship platform for cultural institutions and attractions. Through ACME’s single cart, your visitors can transact on the web, by phone, or in person and immediately enjoy the perks of membership. A cloud-based platform, ACME's open APIs allow integration with CRMs to deliver a 360-degree view of the visitor and other best-of-breeds systems. ACME’s all-inclusive and joint-success approach removes barriers and delivers software, hardware, service, support, and upgrades with predictable pricing. ACME was founded and is led by Silicon Valley and cultural institutional veterans.
Our core API back end is used by multiple clients, from the web consumer buying flows to the web enterprise app and the iPad-based ticket POS application for in-venue sale. The engineering UI/UX challenges range from core payment platform to big data reporting and complex scheduling optimization algorithms all of which require sophisticated scalable front-end architectures.
Become a member of the core engineering team at ACME. Contribute at a foundational level to our growing product portfolio and have lots of fun building at scale. You will collaborate closely with design, front end, and customer service teams and customers to bring our vision to life.
- Are you excited to build systems that replace existing ERP systems for large venues?
- Do you like to handle problems that are true enterprise class?
- Can you write RESTful APIs using Java that can handle millions of transactions across multiple venues without losing sleep over it?
- Can you figure out when is MySQL the right database versus MongoDB? Can you handle both types of databases?
- Spring and Hibernate are frameworks that you need to know or learn fast since that is the foundation of our system
- We would prefer a BS or MS in Computer Science but are open if you meet most of the above requirements
- 5+ years of experience of solid Java server side
- If you said yes to most of the above, you must already be a self starter and obsessed about building great products
- You definitely need to know how to work in a team environment since we don’t build our system in a vacuum.
- We have a collaborative, common sense, no nonsense culture, with excellent employee and customer retention. Our customers are some of the biggest, best known name brands in the museum, and aquarium spaces, and include all the Presidential Libraries.
- We provide all the tools you need for success in a highly collaborative environment. For those in the bay area, we have a San Jose office in walking distance to Caltrain and local restaurants to enjoy lunches together, especially on Fridays. If this sounds like a tempting challenge where you can make your mark developing a globally useful, cutting-edge product, while working in a positive, friendly environment, we want to hear from you.